Thursday, October 14, 2010

Wall Street

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps

I don't go to movie house that often because I don't have a lot of extra money for that. Hehe. But then when I get the chance to, I make sure that I will watch the movie that is worth it (sulit sa bulsa). Thankfully I seldom end up watching movie that I regret watching...

Anyway, last Sunday, the Connect leaders went to have a break from Ortigas so we went to Riverbanks, Marikina for our thanksgiving fellowship with Elder Mike Asperin. After our lunch we had ice cream, then walked around the river banks and then walked our way to SM Marikina...

(Haba ng intro ko! Hahahaha!)

Watching a movie was not really part of the plan but then because we didn;t know what to do next we decided to watch:


At first I was waiting for hard core action scenes since I really did not have any idea what to expect on the film. There was a point that I kind of got bored until I heard familiar financial "Wall Street" terms, ayun tinutukan ko na!

The story is about the love of money being the root of all evil. The main characters both manipulated things in order to get even with their rivals. They manipulated things to get what they want. As in utakan at gulangan ang labanan, who ever is the most ganid (greedy) will win.

The film also showed how words can be very very very powerful, both in destroying and building up one's reputation. Both parties (the bida and the kontra-bida) spread gossip to ruin the other party's reputation...

Did I enjoy the movie? Well, yes, I did kind of. Hehe. I so love the cinematography! Very very excellent! The story it self, again if you're not into fincial stuff you will be bored but then if you're kind of famliar or you're in the financial industry, you will get hooked and it will be very intresting for you.

It was the following day that I realized (thanks to John for sharing) that this movie is a sequel to the Wall Street 1987 film. I wanted to watch tuloy that old film! Hehe.

See also the article in wikipedia about: Wall Street 2010.


Note: I do not endorse loving money, gossiping and manipulating things to get what you want.  In fact, I thank God that I don't have enough because I have the opportunity to trust Him in providing for all my needs. Gossiping is a common sin for women and I admit I'm guilty of it sometimes, but then again I do not endorse it. On the matter of manipulating things in order to get what I want, I can't think of a particular thing where I've done so, I just know that when a Christian does this, he/she is like saying to God that he/she is the one in charge, instead of Him.

""No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money." -Luke 16:13

"For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil. Some people, eager for money, have wandered from the faith and pierced themselves with many griefs." -1 Timothy 6:10

"Whoever loves money never has money enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied with his income. This too is meaningless." -Ecclesiastes 5:10

:-)

No comments: