Thursday, January 14, 2010
Walk the talk! Ü
Our Bible study group ( Connect's Agents of Change ) meeting resumed last Saturday, January 9, 2010.
It has been an exciting 2009 for all us and we are all so eager to see how God will continue to reveal Himself to us as we go through the study of His Holy Word.
I have mentioned before that we our going through a series study entitled "Walk the Talk" based on the Book of James. Here's what we have studied so far:
1. James 1:1-4—consider it pure joy, let perseverance finish its work.
2. James 1:5-8—ask God for wisdom, must believe and not doubt.
3. James 1:9-12—take pride in your high or low position.
4. James 1:13-18—we are tempted by our own evil desires, every good and perfect gift comes from God so don’t blame God when you fall.
5. James 1:19-21—receive the Word of God, grab every opportunity to study the Word, do not be hasty to teach the Word if you don’t understand it, let it correct you.
6. James 1:22-25—do what the Word of God says, study the Word with the intention to obey.
7. James 1:26-27—abide in the Word of God, be consistent.. live by the Word.
8. James 2:1-4—do not hold your faith by showing favoritism. Do not hold the faith of the Lord Jesus Christ; God’s glory, with any kind of partiality.
9. James 2:5-7—why favoritism/partiality contradicts the Christian faith.
This coming Saturday, we will study James 2:8-11. If you happen to be available then, feel free to join us at 6pm, GCF Ortigas , room BM04.