Saturday, January 16, 2010

Status: Contemplating


I've been singing this song for almost two weeks now... I listen to it every night while I'm on my way to work and when I travel back home...

"I will give you all my worship
I will give you all my praise
You alone I long to worship
You alone are worthy of my praise

I will worship (I will worship)
With all of my heart (With all of my heart)
I will praise you (I will praise you)
With all of my strength (With all my strength)
I will seek you (I will seek you)
All of my days (All of my days)
I will follow (I will follow)
Follow all of your ways (All your ways)

I will give you all my worship
I will give you all my praise
You alone I long to worship
You alone are worthy of my praise

I will bow down (I will bow down)
Hail you as king (Hail you as king)
I will serve you (I will serve you)
I'll give you everything (I'll give you everything)
I will lift up (I will lift up)
My eyes to your throne (My eyes to your throne)
I will trust you (I will trust you)
I will trust you alone (Trust you alone
)"

...and then last Monday night, nasa jeep ako when I pondered on "Lord, what does it really mean to give You ALL my worship?" Sa thought lang na yun ako nag-dwell during my short travel from my house (Mandaluyong) to my workplace (the Fort, Taguig).

When I went home, Tuesday morning... I found myself telling this to God (in my journal):

"I've been thinking since last night kung ano po ba talaga yung 'all my worship' at kung naibibigay ko ito sa Inyo... and the answer is 'no'... Many times I fail to follow You, many times I disappoint You, many times I go ahead of You, many times I displease You and disobey You... At maraami pang pagkukulang at pagkakamali...

Forgive me Lord for those times...
"

What does it mean to give Him all my worship then-- OBEDIENCE. Having the RIGHT HEART before Him... Living the Christ-like life MOMENT BY MOMENT... At marami pang iba na patuloy na ipinapakita sa akin ng Panginoon...

And then He lead me to this:

"How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word." -Psalm 119:9

So the journey goes on... He is dealing with me, that's for sure! ;-)

Prasie His name, His love endures forever...

No comments: