Friday, January 8, 2010

I find this timely

It's that time of the year... Wherein people gather and follow the black figure as part of their "panata"...

So I find this passage very timely:

Exodus 20:1-7

1 And God spoke all these words:

2 "I am the LORD your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery.

3 "You shall have no other gods before me.

4 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 6 but showing love to a thousand {generations} of those who love me and keep my commandments.


And then as I am typing this, I heard someone say-- "Oh my god!" as her normal expression over something... And so I will continue on with this verse:

7 "You shall not misuse the name of the LORD your God, for the LORD will not hold anyone guiltless who misuses his name.

No comments: