Wednesday, November 28, 2007

It's been months now...

It happened (if I'm not mistaken) around July this year. It's not that too long ago, you can say that, but then if you were in their position it's been that long na...

I was on my way up to our apartment ("up" because we live at the 3rd floor) when out of the blue, I suddnely thought of this young man.

A 16 year old guy who went out to go to Mall of Asia to meet with "someone", a text-mate he had for -I'm not sure how long. According to the story that day was their eye-ball date. It wasn't confirmed that he was meeting with a girl or if it was a homosexual. The guy didn't even made paalam to his parents or even to his nakatatandang kapatid (who happens to be my friend and wave mate from office).

And until now he's nowhere to be found!

The family asked assistance from the Media (my office mate is a daugther of Ka Fredie Aguilar), they asked assistance from NBI, help from the people they know in Camp Crame and up to the point that they consulted a "manghuhula" out of desperation in looking for their lost child (or kapatid, in my friend's case). But until now -- NO RESULTS, WALANG BALITA!

I have been praying for this guy, I never met him. I never experienced such drama (couldn't think of another term eh) in my life. But I feel for my friend. I can still remember during the first week of her brother being gone, she was saying "bakit naman ganito si Lord?!" And I felt sad, that she has to say that. Hindi ko din alam yung reason kung bakit nangyari 'yon. At hindi ko din maintidihan kung bakit nya nasabi 'yon. I guess too emotional s'ya nuon...

Last night my friend and I met and the ladies wash room, greeted each other, and I couldn't stand it but ask her "musta na 'yung brother mo?" (it's been a while since we had this kind of talk kasi magkaiba kami ng group of friends and wala namang mga nag-uupdate sa amin about the status of the lost brother) . She said smiling "ayun wala pa rin sya." "that's sad" I said. "Pag papasok nga ako naiiyak-iyak ako eh, alam mo na, pasko na! Nakikita ko yung mga ilaw-ilaw dyan sa Ayala..." And I could only tell her "oo nga..." and I added "pinagpe-pray ko yun!" she said thanks, and then I left her na and went back to my work station. Little did I know that the simple "pangngamusta" had an impact on her. A few minutes later I received an email from her saying:

sent: 11/28/2007 02:55 AM

thanks for asking about my brother ha...

talking about him makes me feel "close" to him somehow...

tapos, knowing that other people think of him too, makes me feel great because i know that our strength all together would at least make him feel that we haven't "forgotten" him...

gosh, i miss my brother sooo much...

you put me in tears kanina pag alis mo sa cr kanina, pero i'm really thank ful you asked about him...

:)

mwaaahhh!!!!


Nakakatuwa na nakakalungkot na hindi maintindihan... But I pray that sooner or later they will hear from their brother... Or kahit news man lang if he's still alive or what.

Haayyyy!

No comments: