Friday, October 24, 2008

HE met me where I am

Naniniwala ako na hindi mararamdaman ng isang believer ang intimacy ng relationship nya sa Panginoon kung hindi sya consistent sa devotional time, prayer time, worship and fellowship time (with the family of believers) nya.

I have been struggling in encouraging someone for the past two weeks na ata and somehow I also found myself a bit discouraged sa mga sinasabi nya to the point na ayoko na lang syang patulan at replyan impulsively (baka kasi kung ano pa masabi ko at mag-away lang kami). Pero the Lord has been so gracious and ever merciful and faithful. Hindi pa Nya sinasagot ang panalangin ko for that friend pero alam ko that He is working on it. And that He has been teaching me to wait and continue in trusting Him lang. Also been reminding me to be the source of encouragement for this dear friend, kasi she would also tell me that she feels alone and that He seems so distant, it was really heart breaking to hear that from her...

Early this morning, I was supposed to sleep agad after John said goodbye pero hindi ko talaga kayang matulog nang hindi nag-de-devo so I got up and opened my Bible. And 'was really surprise and happy to have met with Him on a very personal level. I wish it is easy to describe in words how I felt (and how I am feeling right now) about it but hope this would somehow suffice...

The Lord affirmed me through the words from Paul in 2 Corinthians 2:15, he said in there:

"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing."

And then Oswald Chambers said:

"We are encompassed with the sweet aroma of Jesus, and wherever we go we are a wonderful refreshment to God."

I realized that the thought and feeling of being discouraged, is not from the Lord and it is not in anyway honoring Him... So why would I bother entertain it? The enemy is working double time talaga at kailangan lang gamitin ang Authority in rebuking him, for the battle has already been won at the Cross, "it is finished" the Lord said. Ano pa bang magagawa sa akin ng kaaway?

I realized na hindi ko naman role na pagaanin ang buhay or problema ng kaibigan ko, na hindi ko naman dapat agawan ng role ang Holy Spirit. And that what matters is that I am available for her; listening sa mga hinanakit at reklamo nya sa buhay, that I'm available to encourage her, comfort her and remind her of her stand in Christ.

I realized that in times like these... My character is being molded into something better. I know it keeps getting better and better according to His timing and will. And that it will go on until I become the person He wants me to be.

I realized that these are opportunities to display the "sweet aroma" of Christ in my life, and a wonderful opportunity to honor and glorify Him! The One and only...

He met me where I am, and I'm glad He did!

No comments: