Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Denying Jesus?

Immediately the rooster crowed the second time. Then Peter remembered the word Jesus had spoken to him: “Before the rooster crows twice you will disown me three times.” And he broke down and wept.
-Mark 14:72

The last sentence of this verse struck me because I can relate very well.

Many times I "deny" Jesus-- I sin, I fall, I make no regard and no reverence of His presence and just go on giving in to what I want even if I know at the back of my mind that it will dishonor Him...

Yet He remains faithful!  Through the Holy Spirit He brings me back to my senses and gets me on my knees to repent and ask for forgiveness...

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.
-1 John 1:9

And He picks me up in His grace... that for me is just OVERWHELMING!

Lord, Your love is amazing!

No comments: