Saturday, May 1, 2010

Focus, focus!

This happened to me, yesterday... Uhm, or shall I say-- it happens often:

"Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus. But when he saw the wind, he was afraid and, beginning to sink, cried out, "Lord, save me!". -Matthew 14:29-30

I let myself be distracted and irritated... As in, inaalis ko kasi talaga ang focus ko kay God kaya sumasablay ang attitude ko towards things...

.Sigh.

At ni hindi ako nakalapit sa Kanya sa kahihiyan ko (meaning di ako nakapag-devo kahapon because my heart was not right before Him) pero napaka-faithful pa rin Nya and reminded me of this before He allowed me to sleep:

"But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well." -Matthew 6:33

At nag-contemplate lang ako sa words Nya na yun on my way to work. While singing this in my head (and playing it in my mp3):
In Christ alone my hope is found,
He is my light, my strength, my song;
this Cornerstone, this solid Ground,
firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
when fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My Comforter, my All in All,
here in the love of Christ I stand...

And as He stands in victory
Sin's curse has lost its grip on me,
For I am His and He is mine -
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death,
This is the power of Christ in me;
From life's first cry to final breath.
Jesus commands my destiny.
No power of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home,
Here in the power of Christ I'll stand...


Tumingin at nag-focus kasi ako sa earthly things at kaya nag-worry ako... na-neglect ko tuloy Sya... Kaya pagdating ko kagabi sa office, before I start working, I looked it up in biblegateway.com for a better/bigger picture of what He is trying to tell me...

25"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
-Matthew 6:25-34

So there, thank You, Lord!

And I'm so sorry for looking away... ='(

Thank You for saving me from drowning.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

worrying is such an ugly sin. it's ugly coz we often dont realize that we're sinning coz we justify it since our situation overwhelms us.i even wrote about this issue before... (check it if you have time: http://www.ricianne.com/2010/01/favorite-sin-part-1.html)

i battle with worry a lot too. i pray that as you spend time with Him, that He will calm your fears and worries away and give you His supernatural peace.

Rajsh Sabio-Velasquez said...

yah, so true sis.

and yes, i read that post of yours! ;-)

buti na lang talaga faithful ang Panginoon ano? ano na lang tayo without Him...

Patricia said...

walang wala tayo. OLATS tayo! ha!