Thursday, January 10, 2008

An Excerpt Worthy of Posting


Here is an excerpt from Dr. Neil Anderson's "The Bondage Breaker"

"If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life] will lose it, but whoever loses his life for me and for the gospel will save it. What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul? Or what can a man give in exchange for his soul? If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his Father's glory with the holy angels." Mark 8:34-38

BE FREE!

1. Deny Yourself- to deny yourself is to deny self-rule. Until we deny ourselves that which was never meant to be ours (the role of being god in our lives) we will never be at peace with ourselves or with God, and will never be free. When you deny yourself, you invite God to take the throne of your life, to occupy what is rightfully His, so that you may function as a person who is spiritually alive in Christ.

2. Pick up Your Cross Daily- not our own cross but Christ's cross. We are delivered because we died with Him. To pick up the cross daily means to acknowledge everyday that we belong to God. When we pick up the cross, we affirm that our identity is not based on our physical existence but in our relationship with God. Our life is in Christ, because He is our life (see Colossians 3:3-4).

3. Follow Christ- we are not designed to function independent of God. Only when we are dependent on Him and intent of following Christ are we compelled and free to prove that the will of God is good, acceptable and perfect.

4. Sacrifice the Lower Life to gain the Higher Life- if you want to save your natural life, you will lose it (see Mark 8:35).

5. Sacrifice Temporal to gain the Eternal- it is far better to know that we are the children of God than to gain something in this world, which we will eventually lose. Satan's ultimate lie is that you are capable of being god of your own life-- and his bondage is the attempt to live as though his lie were truth.



I always carry this yellow pad paper where I wrote this excerpt (to carry the book all the time would be inconvenient for me eh), purpose is for me to be always reminded of the meaning of being free in Christ and the means to follow Him (all mentioned above). It has also been one of the tools I use in ministering to my non-C friends and to friends who just came to know the Saviour and those whom I am establishing a spiritual friendship (two of my dear friends I am having discipleship) with.

I haven't finished the book though, I am still going through the STEPS TO FREEDOM process and I am just amazed (that little by little) I myself am experiencing true FREEDOM I never realized I am in need of!

Last Christmas Season, I bought two copies of the book and had it as my exchange gift (for Connect and Mosaic Party) because I am blessed to have read the book I would want more people to be blessed! And I strongly recommend that you read it and go through the STEPS TO FREEDOM Process, for you'll never know that there are "small things" that you need to let go of, things you never knew you need to renounce and stuff like that...

Ayun lang!

To god be the glory for Dr. Neil Anderson's Ministry!
You may also visit his ministry website at http://www.ficm.org

No comments: