Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pondering on HIS message

(Delayed post)

I wasn't able to attend the morning service on January 25, 2009, and so I failed to hear the preaching of Dr. Narry Santos. But praise God that our church uploads Sunday preaching online. And so, I watched and listened to him (Dr. Narry) three times! Nakaka-bless kasi talaga yung message and I took some notes.

Notes for myself, and for me to be reminded of it.

Just thought of sharing it here as well:

" * People are blessings not burdens.

* Test if you see people as burdens or blessings:
Are you impatient when people are slow to learn?
Are you intolerant when people stumble? When they mess it up, they fall, big time...

* The context of CARE is when people are in a crisis, when people struggle in their life when they sin, how do we treat them? Do we blame them? or do we bless them?
When people make a mess, how can they make a message out of their mess?
It's when we carry their burden...

* I am a recipient of God's acceptance, therefore I can accept you.

* Don't judge... ask yourself: are you quick to say you're wrong and I'm right?

* Regard one another-- highly!

* Don't glory in your self importance because that is empty...
* Don't stop at your world, look into the world of others

* What makes your heart hard?
The answer is SIN... We are deceived it is okay to sin.
What is the ante dote? The answer is to encourage one another...
Just as the Holy Spirit encourages me, I am to encourage you as well...

* The more I experience a heart of service, the more I will extend my hands of service.
"

After listening to him I came across a song from Chris Tomlin entitled "Made to worship". The chorus goes well with the message.

"You and I are made to worship
You and I are called to love
You and I are forgiven and free
You and I embrace surrender
You and I choose to believe
You and I will see we were meant to be...
"

Praise God!

(click here for the preaching video)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for sharing :)
This is encouraging!

I got the link to your blog from Kuya Kevin's site :D

Rajsh Sabio-Velasquez said...

You are welcome! Indeed it is, praise God!

Thanks for dropping by... Ü